Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Jumbled Mind

So many things are coursing through my brain at the moment, that I thought of just doing a stream of consciousness. Not sure how that would go but I'm kinda inclined to do it anyway. Aside from the fact that it might make the post exceedingly long. This was a writing exercise I used to do in class to jump start creativity--at least that's what the teacher claimed. I still have the journal from that class somewhere and it might be interesting to read back through those entries and see what was on my mind back then.

I moved to Atlanta last week and despite all of my excitement going into this new and much needed chapter of my life, I feel so isolated. I think it's cause the moving company I used is holding my shit hostage; so I've been here since last Friday, but my stuff has yet to make it. And every time I call to check the status I get the same shit about the driver has left and will call me a day before he arrives, he'll call as soon as he gets closer. Now, I made it from Jersey to Atlanta in THREE days, that was me taking my time. I stopped at my Dad's in Maryland, and then was gonna go onto to Charlotte and spend the night with my cousin, but the weather wasn't as cooperative as I'd like and rather than drive through a tornado that was hammering the Carolinas, I stayed another night with my father and then drove 10 hrs straight from his house to my friend's apartment in Atlanta on Friday. I signed my lease and picked up some incidentals for the apartment (garbage can, toaster, toilet paper, etc.) and was all set to have my items arrive the next day. I have things I need to do, like contact possible employers and start that whole thing, however, I can't do things like that until I am SETTLED. I can't get settled until I have my own space set up to my liking, which can't happen until they deliver my shit. My friend, yall know him as Mortal Kombat, has been cool with this situation. He was gonna help move me in but alas, yall know what happened there. So he told me though this situation sucks ass, that I could stay at his place for as long as I need and it'll never bother him. He even got a key made for me so I could come and go as I please. So for the first few days, that was awesome. I was so touched by his generosity and it sustained me. But now, several days in, I just want my shit. I'm feeling so utterly displaced, and as Mommy's anniversary (I hate terming it that way cause it's not something in my mind that's celebratory) approaches next Friday, I'm truly a jumble of thoughts and emotions.

So that's it. Till next time, lovers.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Camilyn and Mano. But are you trying to sell things on my site, cause I don't allow that. Feel free to make all the comments you want, that's fine and I'm cool with that. But don't try to solicit shit or hawk products here, cause that ain't gonna fly, ya dig? Other than that, say what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    You've a really great weblog. To become really good like Sunkist you must appreciate 90's dance moves and really nice abs... and watch muscle-bound rappers turned Oscar-nominated actors- achieve #1 hits with help from the Funky Bunch.

    ReplyDelete